Selecting A Builder Checklist
Building or renovating your home is a big decision and can be a lifelong investment. Listening to our clients over the years, we have developed a simple checklist for you below to assist when getting quotes and selecting a builder.
- Do you know where your builder lives? (They know where you live…)
- Get 3 quotes from licensed builders.
- A detailed quote should generally be more than 5 pages
- Check builders license and insurances are current.
- Check references.
- Speak to current clients.
- Is the builder organised and structured?
- Choose a builder who you think you could comfortably work with.
- Check Department of Fair Trading website for any discrepancies on builders licenses.